Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Newspaper Nails

Hello Girlies!! Finally got time to write this post after a busy day. I have for you today the Newspaper Nail art. It was requested by one of my friend on my Facebook page. It is easy to get this look and hope you enjoy doing it on your nails :)




I used...

Cut out some Squares from newspaper

Paint Your nails with a base coat and one or two coats of white nail polish. I did only one coat here( I wanted to do it fast..and of course I was a bit lazy to wait for my nail paint to dry..lol...)
Then take a makeup sponge and apply the other color(I used very light grey color here) and sponge it onto your nail lightly. I did this to get that grayish look of the newspaper. You can skip this sponging step and carry on simply with the white base color.
Soak the newspaper bits in a small bowl of water or spirit/alcohol for 30 seconds. Using water or spirit depends on the ink used for printing the newspaper. It worked with water for me because here where I live, mostly water soluble ink is used  for printing newspapers. Good for me as I didn't had spirit at home..lol.. Now, take the paper out of the water and keep it on your nail and press down firmly for 10 seconds. 
Now the print on the newspaper is transferred onto your nails. Clean the area around your nail with a cotton bud, dipped in nail polish remover. Finally apply a top coat and you are done:)!!!  



Don't forget to join me for more updates:)!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment